Terms and conditions – website usage
Who is the Where To Buy Directory, Chemicals, Plant & Services?
Welcome to the Where To Buy Directory website. Where To Buy Directory, Chemicals, Plant & Services exists in printed format, in digital format and as an online website search engine tool used by its community to locate suppliers and products, services, plant and machinery across the global chemicals marketplace. Where To Buy Directory (all formats) are products owned by Klein Publishing Ltd. The Where To Buy Directory is a trading name of Klein Publishing Ltd. Our company registration number is 9115832. Our VAT registration number is 194 6381 73.
The term Klein Publishing Ltd or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our(s)’ or ‘this website’ refers to the owner of this website whose registered office is SBC House, Restmor Way, Wallington, Surrey SM6 7AH United Kingdom. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Klein Publishing Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Klein Publishing Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, business sector and areas of interest
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
THE NEW LEGISLATION REGARDING COOKIES
We use (or potentially use) the following types of browser cookie:
Cart cookies (possible potential use)
We do use Google Analytics and other intelligence tracking code to measure our website’s popularity and the behaviour of our website visitors. This information is used to improve our customer experience, and to better inform our promotional efforts and special offers for the benefit of our customers. By using our website we assume that you accept this common measurement method for website statistics. Again, no data about you is ever supplied or sold to a third party.
However, you may disable these tracking cookies in your browser at any time, by following instructions at the links below, (or otherwise locating cookie rules in your browser’s help files).
Important note: You may disable or delete the tracking cookie(s), but if you wish to buy online from us, you must not disable any potential shopping cart cookie. All Cookies are deleted at the users risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over third party websites that you choose to then view. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question that you arrive on after clicking to view them.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on any website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting and that are industry specific. You can ask us to remove your consent to receive any information at any point, using the email contact above to message us.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Klein Publishing Ltd, SBC House, Restmor Way, Wallington, Surrey SM6 7AH United Kingdom
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information and intelligence purposes only. The information contained on all of our platform formats is provided by Klein Publishing Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, supplier companies, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other organisations and their websites which are not under the control of Klein Publishing Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them, nor do we accept any form of responsibility over any third party organisations or their websites.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Klein Publishing Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of © Klein Publishing Ltd – © Where To Buy Directory, Chemicals, Plant & Services. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents, or its database in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Nor may you copy its contents, its suppliers, its technical categories and any links, in any form without our express written permission.
You may recommend the use of our website, its search results and functionality to other industry colleagues that you think may benefit from the content that we offer.